St. Patrick Guild 2022-2023
Our mission is to unite parishioners in purpose, direction, and action in spiritual, fundraising and social fields. Additionally, our mission is to be of assistance to the Pastor for specific needs of the Parish as he may request.
Membership is open to all Catholic adults of St. John Paul II Parish. New members are welcome and encouraged to join at any time. The annual dues are only $5 but the rewards are many.
CURRENT OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE CHAIRS:
President: Peggy Sue Smigel Vice-Presidents: Judy Klotzbier Secretary: Amy Hickey Treasurer: Paulette Reed
Committee Chairs: Christmas Dinner: Toni Feest Holiday Bazaar: TBD Hospitality: Helen Hill and Elaine Smith
Membership: Peggy Becker Prayer Line: Jann Dalton
St. Patrick Guild meets the second Tuesday of each month from September through June, in the Parish Center. Meetings usually begin at 7:00pm and often include entertainment, guest speakers or potluck dinners.
Fundraising is an important activity of the Guild. Each year we are able to fund several major purchases for the parish and provide support to various local and international causes.
Detailed information about Guild activities and upcoming events can be found in the parish bulletin under the heading "Guild Grapevine."
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND GOALS:
- Prayed for dozens of intentions through the Prayer Line and Memorial Masses
- Did registration and canteen duty at Red Cross Blood Drives in October 2021 and December 2021
- Placed flags at the Cemetery for Veterans Day and Memorial Day
- Brought some cheer to 80+ residents of Cobalt Lodge and Chestelm (handmade treat boxes for Valentine's Day and handmade Easter placemats)
- Shopped for and assembled 66 Boxes of Joy for families served by Cross Catholic Outreach
- Donated children's items (approximately $30 value) to the NDCCW Layette Program in June
- Hosted a speaker from Tango2 Research Foundation and made a $100 donation
- Hosted a presentation on hospice and palliative care by Middlesex Health Hospice Program, and made a $100 donation
- Enjoyed an introduction to Tai Chi
- Conducted a festive Holiday Bazaar in November, yielding a profit of nearly $3,300
- Gathered for a Christmas Party in December
- Hosted an Asian-themed Spring Tea in May
- Conducted a successful Tag Sale in June to support improvements to the Parish Center
- Covered the cost of new sacristy cabinets (approximately $1,200)
- Donated $2,000 towards flooring in the Parish Center
- Donated $190 to Water for Life ( a program of Catholic Relief Services)
- Assisted with farewell events for Fr. Greg and Fr. Frank
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR A TERRIFIC YEAR! For 2022-2023, We plan to continue our current ministries and hope to add other activities for our parish community.
If you would like more information about the Guild, please contact Peggy Sue Smigel - President - 860-885-4734
UPCOMING Dates (2022-2023)
September 13 6:00 pm Welcome, Guild Mass, potluck & business meeting
October 11 7:00 pm Business meeting/Assemble Boxes of Joy
November 5 9:00 am -- 1:00 pm Holiday Bazaar
November 6 Place Veteran's Day flags in cemetery
November 15 7:00 pm Business Meeting Presentation by Judith Hughes the 2022 recipient of the Our Lady Queen of Hope Award
December 13 6:00 pm Christmas Dinner at an area restaurant
January 10 7:00 pm Business meeting and make Valentine's cards for Chestelm and Cobalt Lodge
February 21 7:00 pm Business meeting, Fat Tuesday & Camino presentation
March 14 7:00 pm Business meeting and make Easter baskets for Chestelm & Cobalt Lodge
April 11 7:00 pm Business meeting and Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services presentation
May 9 7:00 pm Hospice presentation
May 20 Place Memorial Day flags in cemetery
June 13 6:00 pm Guild Mass, potluck and business meeting